What is a pesticide? A pesticide is a chemical used to prevent, kill, or repel pests. Pests can be insects, rodents, weeds, or even some germs. When used improperly, pesticides can harm people, pets, and the environment.
- Bug repellent
- Pet flea and tick treatment
- Algae killer for pools and fish tanks
- Bathroom mold and mildew removal agents
- Store pesticides in their original containers – up, away, and out of sight of children and pets.
- Clearly label anything containing pesticides.
- Keep pesticides in their original container.
- Read the label and follow the directions every time you use a pesticide.
- Use protective clothing and equipment as directed by the product label.
- Wash your hands right after handling and using pesticides.
- Before entering your home, remove and wash clothes that were exposed to pesticides.